Check out these stats on how branding helps grow your business
It’s commonly known that branding is an essential part of any business’s success. It’s what makes companies unique and sets them apart from the rest of the crowd. Making a name for your company through branding is invaluable in a world full of small businesses and new ideas popping up constantly. But determining exactly what should go into branding can be a daunting task. Doing some research on branding, you will find so many facts and statistics on the concept that it’s hard to decipher what really are the key factors in good branding.
Image via ATD
First off, think of branding as the way you communicate your business to the world. It is what your business is, what it will be, and how people perceive it. How you communicate that to your audience includes your website, logo, social media, and more. Messaging is just as important as your logo and your site – your audience should know exactly who you are as a company and why you are different from the millions of other businesses out there.
How do you make your branding effective? Well, like we said, there is so much information and statistics on branding out there that it can be overwhelming. We’ve compiled a quick list of statistics that will give you a better insight on how to build your brand:
- Companies with blogs that are regularly maintained generate approximately 67% more leads per month than companies without.
- Custom content is a great way to reach your audience. Most people believe companies that put out custom content over generic content care more about their customer – and 80% of people enjoy learning about a company through custom content.
- Over the years, mobile phones have become instrumental in marketing – email rates on mobile phones have increased by 180% over the last 3 years alone.
- People trust people. Studies show that marketing messages shared by employees reach 561% more people than those shared by the company itself.
- More on people trusting people – 92% of people purchase a product because of a personal referral, rather than an advertisement. Good reviews are extremely important in building a trustworthy brand.
- We are certainly guilty of this one. Based on an eye tracking study, 70-80% of people straight up ignore ads on the sidebar of any given site or search engine, regardless of the search engine.
- Consumers expect consistency across all platforms. 90% of consumers like to see similar style and messaging on different devices and social media platforms. A seamless transition is essential in keeping their attention. Same goes for the interaction with a business. From an interaction online, in-person, or on the phone, 60% of millennials in particular expect a consistent experience.
- What about the design and style of your brand? Finding the perfect color for your business can increase your brand recognition by 80%, and increase brand comprehension by about 73%. Not sure where to start on color? Check out our color theory post for more information on color choice for your company.
- First impressions are everything. It only take 10 seconds for a reader to form a first impression, but it takes 5-7 impressions for a reader to recognize a logo.
- Emotion is a great tool when it comes to branding. 90% of all purchasing decisions are made subconsciously, making things like name and mission extremely important to associate with positive emotions.
There are plenty of statistics out there that can help you inform your branding decisions. From the importance of color to the way you deliver content, be sure you’re being true and consistent to your branding. The branding for your company is the root of what your company is – it is who you are! Staying honest to the core of your values and ideals is a sure way to gain the trust from your audience.
If you have any questions about some of our products that can help with your branding, check out our services!