Hiring a pro may seem like an expense that you just can’t justify. You probably know a guy who can draw. Karen from accounting designed her own scented candle business logo and it looks… fine. Why go to a pro when you’ve got your own designers on hand?!
Well… here’s 5 pretty good reasons:
Brand equity and brand value –
- Graphic designers know how important your brand is to you and to your business. It’s kind of our job… stay in your lane, Karen from accounting. Designers go the extra mile to get to know about you and what you do just to make sure that your brand mirrors your product, style, and personality.
Save time and money –
- Letting a professional handle your project will take a fraction of the time it takes for you to do it yourself. And time, as they say, is money! Speaking of money… if you don’t go with a professional to get your brand off the ground, your initial look will most likely need at least one design redo. This will cost big time as you’ll have to replace all personnel business cards, office signage, marketing products, and revamp your online presence as well. It’s a nightmare. Do it right the first time and you won’t have to hassle with rebranding.
Stand out from the crowd –
- Going the cheap route can cost you big in the long run. Getting a run-of-the-mill design that everyone has access to doesn’t make you stand out, it makes you sink further in. It’s not hip. It’s not cool. You don’t want to go generic when it comes to your livelihood.
Consistency is memorable –
- When your client or potential client continues to see the same branding throughout your business, from your website to the sign over the door and all the colors and flowing themes throughout, this consistency will stick in their memories and leave a lasting impression on them. It gives them the sense that you are professional and trustworthy. Because you are. But it also gives them the SENSE that you are… which is good for business.
First impression –
- The first impression you give can determine your working relationship with a person. If you come off as unprofessional right off the bat, there may not even BE a working relationship. Start out strong with bold and bright visuals that clearly define your brand. Whether it’s meeting a client face-to-face and handing them a unique business card or they just happened to stumble upon your website, that first impression is quick and needs to pack a proverbial punch*.
*Metro Nova Creative does not condone punching people to win their business.
It may seem like a costly investment to hire a professional. But when you factor in all the time, energy, and money you’ll SAVE and also GAIN by hiring a pro, you really can’t afford not to!